Alagondar District

Protector's Enclave

Alagondar District

The old city core suffered the least destruction from the eruption of Mount Hotenow in the Year of Knowledge Unearthed (419 NR, 1451 DR), so when Dagult Neverember came to rebuild Neverwinter in the Year of the Fourth Circle (442 NR, 1474 DR), he began there, giving the quarter the name “the Protector’s Enclave.” It was briefly known as the King’s Enclave after Rodrik Alagondar’s ascension, but after renouncing the royal title, the Commonwealth named it the Alagondar District, in honor not only of Rodrik but of his entire family line and his prestigious ancestor, Nasher Alagondar.

Even today, the Alagondar District is the most urban area in Neverwinter. While Lord Rodrik now resides in Castle Never across the river in the Blacklake District, the council still meets in the Hall of Justice, making the Alagondar District the seat of government for the Commonwealth. The docks make it the center of Neverwinter’s trade as well.

Places in the Protector’s Enclave

Alagondar District

Neverwinter: Tyranny of Dragons Jason